Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Just Do it"

I've been busy, as we all are. I had a total creative itch and needed to squeeze in some time to do something creative. Then I didn't know what I wanted to do. With much deliberation, my choice was just to start something or I was never going to start. There are so many great ideas and I couldn't land on one. So the phrase "Just Do it" was so fitting. (My friend Tina called me a Creative Butterfly, she is SO RIGHT!)
I painted over a canvas first it looked like an ocean, cool blues & white & off white, (still unsure what I was doing) then I changed colors all together & went with warm tones & even let my son paint. I like the freedom that children have and I was trying to connect with that myself.  So I painted the base colors. Then started playing by wiping off paint & creating a face. I didn't have a plan still. It just became as I continued to play.
Here is what I have so far.





My Mom reminded me that the Joy of our Lord is our strength. So I'm going to change his eyes and give him Joy instead of worried.
Then I will do the rest. I'm thinking of adding fine/medium line inking around him, images like adding crown of thorns & crown of royalty,  the earth & tons of other images... stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up! You are super duper incredibly talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you intended this or not...but I can see your Hubby in there..with hair of course (hehe) - How biblical, fitting...and amazing! Can't wait for the final piece!

    ReplyDelete